MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » 498A

498a_pls help

(2 posts)
  1. Raunack

    My wife has filed 498a, 323, 504, 114 against myself, parents and sister who is married and lies in different city. All the allegations are false. We took anticipatory bail.
    1)I have consulted a lawyer and he said we can't do anything and we just have to wait. It would be very helpful if someone can suggest what can be done next against these charges. What are the precautions we can take.
    2) Should and can my family disown me to be on safer side?
    3) She left me couple of months ago and lives with her family. She has filed the 498a from her city. However someone told me that it should have been filed from my city and then get transfered to her city. If anyone can show light on this, it would be very much useful.
    4)What should be my steps now? I am just clueless because when she took stridhan, the lawyer said thats it, we just need to wait for the divorce to be filed by my wife. But then this 498a and other IPC's have been charged on us. Now again tthe lawyer would suggest to sit quiety as there is nothing we can do. He's not even suggesting to press counter cases as it would be only filed and no action will be taken because the law favours women. Please help me. I would appreciate any help on this.
    thank you kindly

    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. ADMIN
    Key Master

    You can counter her claim with various options; as you now your case better you have to go through some old landmark judgments.
    You can approch High court to remove others names as her claim is directly not refering to them.
    If her statement no where says dowry was demanded in her place then you can ask to move to jurisdiction, as her police has no right to do investigation if its not comes under them.
    Even you can charge them, if she said they gave dowry and no where says you demanded.
    refer all these judgments here under sitemap section.

    Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.