MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » 498A

498 proclaimed offender

(9 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by nitmuk
  • Latest reply from Adv.Kachave
  1. nitmuk

    Arrest warrant has been issued against me under section 498a. I dint show up in the court since I am working in USA. Now I have been declared as proclaimed offender.

    >> What should I do now?
    >> Is it safe to continue staying in USA?
    >> Would the Indian emabassy in USA impound my paasport?
    >> My wife knows that I am in USA though she doesnt know my address. What all she can do to get me back to India and screw my career, since this is what she wants, to ruin my career.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  2. ADMIN
    Key Master

    unless she has some hold and legal means to issue notice to USA or at the time of passport or visa renewal authorities may check you pending case in india. till then nothing will happen.
    without proper details of case its difficult to advice more.
    still what you were doing so far.
    why did`t you counter her fir.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. sampeter47

    498a is agnst me(62),my wife56, my 2 sons who r overseas n hv not been served with notice n process of declarng P.O. IS undr process. how i can stop/save the process? plz guide.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  4. ADMIN
    Key Master

    We should get some details about your cases;
    when it filed;
    why it filed
    what she wrote in FIR.
    what you did so far.etc etc in brief.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. sampeter47

    Any Other IPCs: 406
    Relatives Accused: wife n both sons
    Jailed Days: YES
    Stage of Case: chargesheet
    Spent Money on 498A: one lac
    Lived in joint Family: YES
    Marriage Date:
    Wife Age: 33yrs
    Wife's Education Level: MA
    Wife works (earns)?: doesNotWork
    Filed for Divorce: NO
    Have children: YES
    Living With Wife: NO
    Negotiating with Wife: NO
    Took her Stridhan Back: YES
    She had Any Medical Problems: NO
    Willing to Help other Victims: YES
    Ready for TV/Press Interivew : YES
    Contact No: 9996022438
    Comments: i m the father of main accused who is overseas n has not been informed yet.m y another son is also overseas.i got bail aftr arrest n my wife got a.b. challan against v both has been sent to court n process of P.O.AGAINST MY my both sons who r o/o kntry has been startted in kort.arrest warrnts has been issued twice.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  6. ADMIN
    Key Master

    If you answer in riddles,or cut N Paste its difficult to answer.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  7. shonee.k


    There is no escaping this now.

    You fight your case.


    Posted 8 years ago #
  8. Sunny6867

    Ministry is sending orders to Consulates to cancel the Police clearance of 498 accused. Explain to consulate the real story, they have the final call whether to cancel or not cancel the Police clearance. Canceling Police clearance doesn't mean much if you are going to be in the same job.
    It is not easy to impound passport. Get a local immigration lawyer ans discuss with him. I have a local lawyer and claims that he has plenty of judgments to prove his case either way. He has caused impounding and stop it as well. It's on merit's of case and your arguments.
    Even if you passport is impounded, you cannot be impounded. read 498a Survival Kit for reasons.
    If Passport is impounded, you lawyer can make you a travel document and that would do for you to stay abroad. Make a lot of colored copies of your passport.
    Give power of attorney to your relatives in india so they can fight case on your behalf.


    Posted 8 years ago #
  9. Adv.Kachave

    Dear sir,
    i have gone through your case, when matter is pending the court, you have to engage advocate, he has to apply for permanent exemption for your sons, but now warrent is there , you call your sons and cancell warrents through lawyer, then after , the matter may expedited or permanent exemption may be taken on the ground of overseas.

    Thanking you, Yours wellwishers,
    Adv. Ramchandra N. Kachave, My Nation,

    Adv.Ramchandra N.Kachave
    98, 2nd floor, Esplanade Mansion,Kala Ghoda, Near City Civil Sessions Court,
    Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.