its very sad that many brothers are suffering due to the laws in our country, i am in a similar situtauion and below are my points in brief, iam currently in dubai and my mother and sister stay with me.
i would want to know if i should file for a divorce case in mumbai or can i do it in dubai ? and how do i approach the dv act case ?
1 Married in 2006 in Mumbai(Arranged marriage), wife was from surat
2. Wife came to Dubai in 2007 on residential visa
3. She got a job in dubai inmid 2007
4. She left Dubai early 2008 and went to Mumbai and after a couple of days went to surat
5. She filed a 498a case on Oct 2008 in surat , against Me ,my mother & my sister
6. We filed an appeal on Feb2009 in Ahmedabad high court stating that the case is false and it cannot be filed in surat aswe were married in Mumbai
7. The high court decision on 2009 was that a girl can file a case from the place she stays but the investigations officer has to look into the matter.
8. After that I got no update on 498a case
9. now feb 2012 i got a call from indian embassy in dubai that there is summon , after collecting ,it was the summon for a DV act case and the summon date was for hearing on nov 2011, that means I got thesummon after approx. 3 months of the case date.i was told that the embassy had older summons and the case was filed in 2009 , but they were not able to contact me
This dv act is again against 3 of us , me mother & sister. can dv act case be filed against ladies ?
what should i do now , will i get a summon again for the next dv act date ?