MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » 498A

Fake AntiDowry Complaint Before Marriage

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by rajram
  • Latest reply from Adv.Kachave
  1. rajram

    Hi all,

    i am from chennai. i am a central govt employee and i got engaged on 5th june,2011. Because of lot of misunderstanding and fight during the engagement night, we called off the engagement. we have given around 1 lakh rs gold to the girl and we have not got gift from them. we have also not demanded any dowry. But the girl family is forcing us to do the marriage. Since we are not bending down, they are threatening us with a fake dowry case and asking for a 20 lakh settlement. My marriage is supposed to be after 2 months. We have spend around 1 lakh for marriage preparation also. what to do now? i dont want to get married to that girl. we have complained to police station and inspector called them and they are not turning up.

    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. Dr.Dsouza

    Keep record/details of your police complaints details.
    and also keep record of all talks between parties or telephonic calls.
    if they still trouble you, write mails to SP/DCP in speed post

    As you are not married to her, their claim will not make you much trouble

    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Adv.Kachave

    If it the fact, then file criminal case of extortion against them and if she also files counter case against you, you proceed for ant. bail. 9821387099, 9224799546.

    Adv.Ramchandra N.Kachave
    98, 2nd floor, Esplanade Mansion,Kala Ghoda, Near City Civil Sessions Court,
    Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.