MyNation Foundation Forum » Law » General Questions

Man can't deny alimony citing insufficient funds: NCW

(2 posts)
  1. rohand

    NEW DELHI: Insufficient means may no longer be an excuse to deny maintenance to your estranged wife if the National Commission for Women (NCW) has its way. The Commission is also considering amendments to section 125, 126 and 127 of the Criminal Procedure Code to expand the ambit of maintenance to include adopted children, step-parents and grandparents.

    The proposal comes after a seminar held on the issue by NCW and the National Law School, Bangalore.

    The recommendations at the seminar include amending sections 125-127 of the CrPC, which provide maintenance for illegitimate minor children, to include adopted children and step-children, step-parents as well as grandparents. The recommendations also include deletion of the word 'sufficient' means, saying it is a man's duty to maintain his wives, children and parents irrespective of his means. ''A son would also have to maintain his widowed mother,'' NCW chairperson Girija Vyas said.

    Parents or children are currently not entitled for maintenance if they are not living together with the person responsible for the same. If the amendments are carried out, they would be able to file for maintenance from the place of their residence.

    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. Dr.Dsouza

    They have to add, equal maintenance to all keeps.

    i have dozens of them and 2/3 dozen adopted kids. so to make my ex get only 100 Rs. per month.

    Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.