MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » 498A

Help! False Dowry Case for refusing to marry...

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by kisfit2000
  • Latest reply from surendra mohan
  1. kisfit2000


    I have posted this query on several sites but haven't got proper response. Please help. My story is as follows.

    My wedding was fixed for 7th Feb 2011. Before that our families had met and fixed the marriage just about a month ago. The girl had some serious illness history that her family did not disclose and still are not disclosing. After meeting and seeing her in person a couple of times, we realized that she indeed is having some serious illness due to which my married life might not be smooth and we might end up with full time taking care of her after marriage. Due to this reason we had to cancel the wedding 10 days before our wedding date. Note: We still do not have proof about her illness.
    On this the girl's family demanded 6 lakhs 18 thousand as compensation since we cancelled the wedding. When we said we cannot pay you such an unreasonable amount, they threatened us of bad consequences.
    After a couple of days they filed a dowry complaint against me and my father. The police summoned us and took our statements but has not taken any action yet but has told us to be prepared for arrest. The girl's side has sought political support too to support their false dowry claim.
    The girl's family has also threatened us that once the case is registered, they would send the FIR copy to my office and spoil my career.

    I need help. Need to get out of this but as we know, dowry case always gives preference to the girl's side. I don't want my family to go through all this.

    I went through the victim stories but they all belong to married couples. In my situation it is before marriage that we are facing this false charge.

    Please Help!


    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. sanjaymehra

    Then fight the case. Atleast you are not married and facing such charges. And in the meantime, get married elsewhere. The wind will go out of this case faster than you can imagine.

    warm regards

    sanjay mehra

    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Dr.Dsouza

    what proofs they have to show that you are engaged to her. and on what basis police took FIR ?

    Posted 6 years ago #
  4. surendra mohan

    friend i am facing the sane problem, fir under 498a despite i an unmarried.

    Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.