MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » 498A

false 498A with dowry

(3 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Andrew2010
  • Latest reply from Rajshree
  1. Andrew2010

    Is there any way to file case against wife's family for false 498A/406 case so that they will also be suffered ? Wife family is trying to harras husband family in different ways.
    1. Though husband family is not taken any dowry they mentioned in case file copy that they had given dowry. So is there any step can be taken so that wife family can be harrased?
    2. Can husband family complain before Income Tax to verify the source of income of wife's family as they are demanding large amount of money and ornaments gave as dowry. if posible, please mention what is the procedure
    3. In 125 crpc, how much maintenance amount is decided by judge if husband has no job/service and wife is high educated and can able to maintain herself
    Please advice.

    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Dr.Dsouza

    Once you are out of 498A there is option for various litigations including damage and defamation.
    Law is not to harass others but you can charge them if they are guilty.
    You can demand income tax proof for the money they claiming as Dowry.
    Please check for various type judgments on maintenance.

    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. If she is educated and capable of maintaining herself, she is not eligible for maintenance u/s 125 particularly so if the hubby is not earning ....

    Our Abode :
    Those that have so much power over others as to be able to oppress them have seldom so much over themselves as not to oppress. --Matthew Henry
    Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.