MyNation Foundation Forum » Miscellaneous » Marital Problems

If the Husband marries another woman

(2 posts)
  1. Anonymous

    If the Husband marries another woman, What action can be taken Under Hindu Law ?

    Posted 8 years ago #
  2. ADMIN
    Key Master

    Under Section 17 of the Hindu Marriage Act, bigamy is punishable Under Section 494 & 495 of the Indian Penal Code.
    Section 494 prescribes for imprisonment, which may extend to 7 years and fine.
    So a complaint can be lodged against the husband with the police.
    and its a valid reason for divorce and maintenance.

    Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.