MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » 498A

Query Regarding Domestic Violence

(5 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by munnapr
  • Latest reply from sanjaymehra
  1. munnapr

    Hi ,
    I have provided shelter to my wife because of domestic violence case.And the case is still in earlier stage.She has requested for maintanance in both divorce and domestic violence case.I want to know how long i have to provide her shelter.

    She says she does not have place to stay and got interim order under domestic violence case.Now she come to our house and go backs to her parents house or all the family members come and stay in my house they use my house as guest house and she locks the house and go away making us not to come .Me and my parents are staying out(Relations house).

    She is running a shop ie is registered in her name which is maintained by her brother but once i filed divorce case they cancelled the registration in her name.She basically comes from a rich family and her parents have four houses which is given for rent.Why cant the court ask her to put a domestic violence case against her parents for not providing shelter.

    Is it sufficient to break the domestic violence case for residence if i prove that her parents have four house and they are rich enough to support her daughter while the divorce case is in process .

    With regards


    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. atit.rajpara

    she is your wife...and can screw you the way she wants....

    join **** and fight against this Draconian laws...

    contact nearest local chapter..

    Friends are like condoms... they protect you when things get hard...
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Dr.Dsouza

    With just words no one will beleive in you.
    You have to provide proofs for her property and she has income or if she is working then only court will listen to you.

    Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Adv.Kachave

    Dear friend you have to defend your case with appointing lawyer before the concerned court. 9821387099, 9224799546

    Adv.Ramchandra N.Kachave
    98, 2nd floor, Esplanade Mansion,Kala Ghoda, Near City Civil Sessions Court,
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. sanjaymehra

    If you have been foolish enough to give her your own house while you and your parents stay at a relative's house then why the haste to find a way out of this mess now. If the house is in your parent's name, then have them to sue her for making them homeless. If it is in your name, get your mother to sue you in Domestic Violence for residence and maintenance. That way at least they will get a residence which you have lost. Then you can see how to proceed further.
    As far as your wife's legal position is concerned, her residential needs are your responsibility. If she did not have possession of your house, then you could have argued the point of her parents having 4 properties from a position of strength. Now this argument will fall on deaf ears. But nothing tried, nothing won. So try and see how it goes.
    warm regards
    sanjay mehra

    Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.