MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » Maintenance

It's a little complex case regarding Daughter in laws Share in my property??

(7 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by pari.vratika
  • Latest reply from Adv.Kachave
  1. pari.vratika

    Dear All,
    Kindly answer my query as soon as possible as I am in urgent need of help and guidance:

    1. I live in Delhi.

    2. I had got a small house made on lease hold land transferred to my name from that of my mother on her death in the 1970's.

    3.. I constructed a new building by bringing down the old one in late 1970's.

    4.. In the 1990's in converted the land from lease hold to free hold and regularly pay all taxes.

    5. My son who got married in 1990's has a pending Divorce case. My daughter in law filed cases in 498A and Domestic Violence Act . All I want to ask is :

    a) Does my daughter in Law have any share in my property!

    b) Does my proeprty qualify as leasehold or freehold property ?

    Kindly answer. I'd be really really greatful .

    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. alwaystruth

    I guess only if its in your son's name otherwise not

    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. pari.vratika

    Hello Mr. alwaystruth .

    Thanks for your reply but then there is something very complex about this issue. coz if this property that i possess can be classified as an ancestral property then my son has a share in it then so does my DEAR 498a/406 etc etc daughter in law. I am frustrated , becuase i have tried out every thing but unable to find a reasonable answer to my query .

    Anyways rest of the readers this Query Still Lies open for its wierd,complex and confusing !!

    Thank you

    Posted 7 years ago #
  4. sanjaymehra

    show that your mom had taken a loan from you and the transfer of the property was in repayment of that loan. That way it will not be inherited property.
    sanjay mehra

    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Dr.Dsouza

    Read this judgment
    your son may inherit said property after your Death only. not before that nor she can claim it as long as its not your son property.

    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. pari.vratika

    Sir the link says the document has been removed !!!

    Please please see to it that if u have time u forward me an alternate link or copy paste the judgement here.


    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Adv.Kachave

    You daughter in law does not claim on the property , if she is disturbing peaceful possession , you may approach the court for injunction , you file divorce petition , proceed it, be free from your wife, if she lodged complaint try to quash the same in court. 9821387099, 9224799546

    Adv.Ramchandra N.Kachave
    98, 2nd floor, Esplanade Mansion,Kala Ghoda, Near City Civil Sessions Court,
    Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.