MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » Child custody

Paternal grandparents as guardians of grandson

(3 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by known
  • Latest reply from Adv.Kachave
  1. known


    Both my son & daughter-in-law are unemployed and not in good terms and living separately.
    Can we the paternal grandparents (Retired Govt Employees) seek custody or adopt our only 3 year old grandson through a court decree.

    I'd like to admit my grandson in the best available school in Hyderabad.
    I've been sending milk powder,clothes,toys etc to my grandson every month who is with our daughter-in-law at Vijayawada.

    Please advice.


    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. 498A_Crusader

    Adoption is difficult when both parents are alive; read more about adoption here
    you can justify custody, after the children age is 5 years. still your daughter in law can challenge, if she is not agree with you.

    Or you are indirectly asking custody, instead your son ?

    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Adv.Kachave

    If said child is your grandson, you may ask his parents for the custody , if they are ready no problem. In adoption process also consent of mother & father is necessary.
    9821387099, 9224799546

    Adv.Ramchandra N.Kachave
    98, 2nd floor, Esplanade Mansion,Kala Ghoda, Near City Civil Sessions Court,
    Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.