I got married in Dec 2008 through a matrimonial site. I work abroad and flew back 3 weeks after marriage with the intention to bring my wife abroad.
Things took a bad turn few months later and the outcome being that I filed for divorce in late november/early december. Few days ago we were made aware that the perpetrators filed a dowry harassment case myself and my parents stating that they demanded dowry and upon paying the same would allow her to join me overseas.
My points/concerns being:
1. Whilst there is no proof and the truth that we never demanded the dowry what are the prospects of this case when there is nothing on record?
2. I have a letter from my relocation agency stating that I did everything in my power to bring my wife abroad.
3. I also have an email from my wife where she clearly states that she has all the documents and asking me for guarantee/surety regarding her safe being when she joins me.
4. Furthermore, I paid for her french lessons and training in her field of **** and the same is recorded via emails.
While my parents are staying at a friends place, I do not like the way this issue is being played out, further more while the other party concerned is aware of the BP issues with my father and also that he underwent cardiac operation.
The said perpetrators came to my home back in India and yelled against my parents despite knowing the mental stress it would cause.
My two brother in laws also gate crashed into our issues. While the older one decided that the wife stay behind, the younger threatened to 'rip me off' should I land in India.
I would like to know how I can:
1. tell the concerned authorities that the 498A filed against us is false and is being misused.
2. teach the perpetrators a lesson for falsely accusing us.