MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » 498A

Quashing of 498a got dismissed

(6 posts)
  1. helpme

    We got married in mumbai , wy wife is from surat ,i stay i in dubai
    After marriage we stayedin mumbai for a few weeks then my wife joined me in dubai .
    after 1 year she went back to surat and filed a 498a case against me and my family .
    it is direct complaint in lower court without any fir yet
    i got a summon from the lower court .
    i hired a lawyer who advised me to apply in high court for quashing based on juridisction since my family members never went to surat .
    we did that but the high court dismissed the case stating that since we live in dubai case can be filed anywhere

    now the lawyer says to appeal in supreme court .

    is this the right approach ?
    can i file any counter case against them?
    as we have never asked or taken any dowry

    what should be my next step ?

    Posted 8 years ago #
  2. atit.rajpara

    First understand the Law and then go for quash.... without ground work nowhere your quash pitition is gonna to admit..

    Friends are like condoms... they protect you when things get hard...
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. ADMIN
    Key Master

    If she never stayed with your family members then they appeal to strick their name from case.
    File a RTI to court asking to provide you Evidence she provided in her appeal;
    and also ask judge to Investigate the case.
    If she says, they gave dowry, Counter on that, saying giving dowry also Crime and they have to be charged for that too.
    Check for related Judgments.

    If you want to discus your case in dubai contact us from to get Contact number of Dubai.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  4. helpme

    my family members were there in dubai with us.
    if i counter case that they gave dowry , then it would be like i am admitting that i have taken it.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Adv.Kachave

    Your lawyer advised u for quashing, what were the contents & order, it has to be seen. u send copy of order & petition.

    Adv.Ramchandra N.Kachave
    98, 2nd floor, Esplanade Mansion,Kala Ghoda, Near City Civil Sessions Court,
    Posted 8 years ago #
  6. helpme

    Dear Mr Kachave

    Do you have an email address ?

    Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.