MyNation Foundation Forum » Advice » 498A

Letter from my Spouse

(2 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by harmony
  • Latest reply from Adv.Kachave


  1. harmony

    My wife who had fight with me and my mother and currently not staying with me has wrote a Letter to my organistion with a copy to Polic Commissioner and National Women rights commision.
    I have got a copy from my office two week back to furnish my comments. The letter has all sort of allegations: e.g:-
    I have attempted to kill her.
    I have asked for dowry and beaten her.

    The fact is she herself has gone to her parent and didinot come back for 8 months. I have made several attemps to take her back, but she did not come. When she come back, she collected all her bags and eloped with her moter and brother.

    Well in my later to my office I have denied all the allegations. But now a copy of the same letter which was send to Police Commision is reached to local police satation, I called and the concerned officer talked with me with sympathy. But God know what is next for me? My question is :-

    1. Do police register a FIR or 498 on the basis of Letter, unless it was expilicitly writtern to register a complaint?
    2. Will I be asked for a reply for the the copy of the letter which is send to Womens' rights commission ? Or what may be the outcome?
    3. Can I file a defamation case on the basis of false allegation raised on me. Also to damage my carrier?
    4. Can this be treated as cruelty aginst me, and will it help me to file a divorce petition? Though I have several other reasons to file a divorce.
    5. How about filing a case for JUDICIAL separation and then going for divorce, or directly going for divorce.

    Please enlighten.

    Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Adv.Kachave

    Dear friend,
    Jai hind.
    I have gone through your matter, if you have married for more than 1 year, and also your wife is not willing to stay with you you may approach for divorce petition & if you have fear that she may prosecute you, for your protection you approac for Anticipatory bail before Hon'ble sessions court. You may also file defamation civil as well as criminal.
    Adv. Ramchandra N. Kachave nation/
    9821387099, 9224799546

    Adv.Ramchandra N.Kachave
    98, 2nd floor, Esplanade Mansion,Kala Ghoda, Near City Civil Sessions Court,
    Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.